Work with Us
Catherine House is a leading not for profit organisation making a meaningful difference in the lives of women experiencing homelessness. We are welcoming and inclusive of diversity and our motivated staff want to make a positive difference to the lives of women and their families.
All that we do is grounded in our culture of hope and optimism, respect and integrity. Catherine House continually looks for innovative housing and support solutions for women experiencing homelessness. Our goal is not just to house women, but to offer life changing opportunities that will enable them to move forward and live a life that is meaningful to them.
As a Catherine House employee, you will be part of a progressive, values and outcomes-based organisation.
If you share our values and want to be a part of our work, you can apply for roles as they appear on this site.
Please Note: COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement to work at Catherine House, under the Emergency Management
(Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021
As a potential employee we encourage you to view Who We Are.
We are very pleased to offer a Case Worker role at Catherine House in our Recovery Program.
Catherine House is a quality accredited, not-for-profit organisation that works holistically with women affected by homelessness. This is a great opportunity for a skilled, enthusiastic and positive Case Worker to join our experienced team. In return, you will be part of a progressive, values and outcomes-based organisation. Catherine House continually looks for innovative housing and support solutions for women experiencing homelessness. Our goal is not just to house women, but also to offer life-changing opportunities that will enable them to move forward and live a life that is purposeful and meaningful to them.
We invite applications for the following role based in the Adelaide CBD:
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award
Crisis Accommodation Employee (CAE) Employee
Level 2 Pay Point 1 – 4 ($39.42 – $42.41 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience)
Generous Salary Packaging is available
Current shifts alternate between, 8am-4pm, 9.30am-5.30pm and 12-8pm
We are seeking an experienced Case Worker with the following skills:
- Social work / other relevant degree plus experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in supporting clients to manage mental health, drug and alcohol issues, other high and complex needs and domestic/family violence
- Experience in all aspects of case work: crisis management, de-escalation of incidents and management of client behavioural and support issues
- Experience working with women from diverse backgrounds, cultures, religions and sexuality; women with trauma backgrounds as a result of childhood or adult experiences of neglect or abuse
- Experience working in a residential setting will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, a team player, with good self-awareness and insight
- Experience working with NDIS services will be highly regarded
- Current NDIS Worker Screening/DHS Disability Services Employment Screening and Working With Children Check employment screenings or the ability to achieve them
How to Apply:
– No applications made via the SEEK website will be considered.
– Prospective employees need to be able to provide evidence of full vaccination (i.e. 3 doses) for COVID-19
Send a covering letter, outlining your experience and suitability for the position, your CV and the names of three referees, addressed to:
Darlene O’Leary, Clinical Lead, Mental Health Programs
PLEASE NOTE: Only applicants that have referred to and addressed the key requirements of the role as outlined in the Job and Person Specification will be considered for shortlisting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date for applications is 5:00 pm, Sunday 4 December 2022