“Giving is not just about making a donation; it is about making a difference”
At Catherine House we rely on the support of the wider community to assist us in being able to support our clients and their individual needs.
One of the best ways you can support us in through a monetary, tax deductible donation.
Funds that are donated assist us in the shortfall we have to provide our accommodation and support programs to clients. Currently, we have approximately 35% shortfall in the funding provided for our programs.
CLICK HERE to make a donation
As well as financial donations, our clients are always in need of various items to assist them when staying with us or as they leave to help them get “back on their feet”.
Below are a list of items we are always in need of:
- Toothbrushes (Currently have a good supply)
- Toothpaste ( Currently have a good supply)
- Soap- Liquid Body Wash (Currently low in supplies)
- Sanitary Pads
- Hair Colour (Currently low in supplies)
- Face Cleanser (Currently low in supplies)
- Face Moisturiser ( Currently low supplies)
- Disposable Shavers
- Sunscreen (Currently low in supplies)
- Face Washers/Shower Sponge
- Deodorant- Spray (Currently low in supplies)
- Tissues/Cotton Buds/Cotton Wool
- Face Wipes (Currently low in supplies)
- Large Underwear ( Size 18-24 currently low in supplies)
- Large Bra’s- Size 16 upwards currently low in supplies)
- New Socks
- Internet Dongles
- Washing Baskets
- Non-Perishable Food
- Single bed covers
Please note we are only able to accept full size toiletry items- we are not able to accept hotel size and samples.
Please CLICK HERE to familiarise yourself with items we are unable to accept
When you are ready to donate your items please contact our Fundraising Manager Jaylee Cooper on 08 8232 2282 (option 3).
or email email@example.com to organise a time for delivery and our location details.
Moving On Packs
Catherine House does not exit women into homelessness. This means that women will only leave Catherine House when they have a safe and secure home. ( Unless they choose to leave earlier). When moving in to a new home there are always items that women need to help get them started once again. If you would like to support our women as they transition in to their new home, here are some suggestions of new items that are always so gratefully received:
- Cleaning Packs which could include: squeegee for windows and glass, microfiber cloth, duster, bin liners, toilet brush and holder, brush and broom, dishwashing liquid, cleaning products.
- Kitchen Packs which could include: Basic cooking utensils, tea towels, dinner sets, mugs, basic cook books.
- Laundry Packs which could include: Washing Powder, Pegs, fabric softer, clothes airer, iron.
- Bedroom Packs which could include: Pillow protectors, mattress protectors and a set of neutral coloured sheets (Queen).
- Activity Based Items which could include: calendars, adult colouring books, textas, colour pencils, writing pads, note pads, movie vouchers, metro cards, word search books
- Wellbeing Items which could include: Affirmation cards or books, inspirational books or DVDs
- Gift Cards – Gift vouchers for Kmart, Coles, Target, Woolworths, Foodland.
- Essential Items which could include: umbrellas, gloves, sunscreen, sun hats, sunglasses, pens, thongs, slippers, USBs, annual diaries, document folders, internet dongles.
Please note that all donated items must be NEW. We are unable to accept second hand items.
As a general rule if you would not like to receive it yourself please do not donate it.