How does my support help?

 

Catherine House Two hands forming shape of a heart

 

Catherine House relies on the support of the wider community to provide Emergency Accommodation and support services for women experiencing homelessness in South Australia. 

 

Catherine House is a South Australian based charity with all funds staying in South Australia.

 

Catherine House is approximately 60% Government funded, with the remaining 40% predominately coming from Catherine House events and donations/fundraising from our corporate and community supporters.

 

These funds support:

 

The Emergency Program Intake worker, who takes phone calls all day every day from women in crisis.  She works with women on the wait list to help them ensure their safety while they are waiting for a place at Catherine House.  She also provides telephone assistance to the many women who phone seeking advice and referrals for other services.

 

The Community Support Worker who provides administrative support to our Case Workers, freeing them up to do more face to face work with our clients

 

The Women’s Centre Coordinator, who coordinates the various programs and activities for women who are staying with us as well as former clients who return  to use this facility.  Programs include IT training and computer access, various stress reduction activities, art and craft, yoga, music and social activities to help overcome social anxiety.

 

The Education Coach who runs our two key programs, Live Your Best Life and My Time. Participants tell us these programs help them turn their lives around, set goals and begin to dream about what is possible in their lives.  The Coach also works individually with each woman to help her put those first tentative steps in place on the journey to achieving a fulfilling life.  

 

 

Financial Donations

 

At various times, we may have specific “appeals” ( Tax and Christmas) where we may fundraise for something specific.

If you would like to make a monetary donation CLICK HERE All donations $2.00 and over are tax deductible.

 

Donation of Goods

 

Toiletries

 

Donation of toiletries are utilised by all women who stay at Catherine House. When a woman arrives at our emergency program they often have very few possessions. Each woman will receive a welcome pack of a handbag, toiletries and new sleepwear. Toiletries are also used throughout our three communal accommodation sites and Women’s Centre bathroom facilities.

As women move in to their own properties, we continue to support them through monthly toiletry orders through our outreach program. This assists them financially as it is one less expense for them as they are trying to get back on their feet. If you would like to donate toiletry items, please CLICK HERE fora list of products we require.

 

New Household Items

 

Through the donation of new household items Catherine House is able to provide women with a Hamper of items that will assist them in setting up their new home. If you would like to contribute to one of these hampers please CLICK HERE 

 

Gift Cards

 

Donations of gift cards are always so gratefully received. They allow the women to purchase something for themselves or perhaps their child or family member. Gift cards for Coles, Woolworths or Foodland are also helpful for women leaving Catherine House to assist them with their first grocery bill.

 

Food Items

 

Donation’s of food items are utilised to assist with supplying meals  to the women across our programs. At times, food hampers are also given to women who are leaving Catherine House to assist them as they move into their new home. Please note that due to Health and Safety Requirement’s we are not able to accept donation’s of food non packaged or any pre-cooked food.

 

Catherine House could not provide our vital services without the support of our community.