At Catherine House, we offer accommodation and support services for women experiencing homelessness, who are 18 years and older, and unaccompanied by children.
All of our programs and services are recovery-oriented. We not only deal with the immediate issues that have led a client to a period of homelessness, we also work with our clients to plan for a future that helps her sustain her housing and build a life that is meaningful and purposeful for her and her family.
Catherine House accommodates 54 women every night of the year and further supports another 30 women ( on average) through our outreach service.
In addition to this Catherine House supports women daily through our Catherine House Women’s Centre
We offer a range of supported accommodation and services to women including:
- Emergency accommodation services,
- Post crisis supported housing services,
- Transitional and permanent accommodation for clients with mental health concerns
- Adult education, employment pathways and activities through the Catherine House Women’s Centre
About our services
- Emergency and post crisis supported accommodation
- Emergency Supported Accommodation Program is a 24/7 days a week program which can accommodate up to 22 clients per night.
- All meals are provided and a number of external specialist agencies offer on-site services. Referrals into this program come from a range of sources including health professionals, police, prison, welfare agencies, hospitals, psychiatric facilities and self-referrals.
- Post Crisis Services provide case work for 8 clients in independent living units, located close by and managed by Unity Housing as well as to 5 clients in Supportive Housing, located outside of the city and managed by Portway Housing. An Outreach service is also provided to clients living in independent accommodation throughout Adelaide.
Mental Health Programs
- Our programs offer accommodation services to women living with mental health issues.
- The Recovery Program provides intensive recovery-based case management support with transitional accommodation for 12 clients who have a mental illness.
- The Permanent Supported Accommodation Program provides ongoing accommodation for 12 residents who have a mental illness, available to them for as long as they require.
Catherine House Women’s Centre
The award-winning Centre offers a range of health and wellbeing activities and education course’s , offered in a fun, safe and social learning environment. They are designed to offer encouragement while extending the participants’ confidence and skills.