At Catherine House, we offer accommodation and support services for women experiencing homelessness, who are 18 years and older, and unaccompanied by children.
All of our programs and services are recovery-oriented. We not only deal with the immediate problems and issues that have led a client to homelessness, we also work with our clients to create a more sustainable, satisfying future – for her and her family.
We offer a range of services to women including:
- emergency accommodation services,
- transitional housing services,
- supported accommodation for clients with mental health concerns, and
- support services through the Sagarmatha Women’s Centre.
About our services
National Affordability Housing Agreement (NAHA) Services programs
These programs provide both our emergency accommodation services and transitional housing services.
- Emergency Supported Accommodation Program (EP) is a 24/7 days a week program which can accommodate up to 16 clients per night. All meals are provided and a number of external specialist agencies offer on-site services. Referrals into this program come from a range of sources including police, prison, welfare agencies, hospitals, psychiatric facilities and self-referrals.
- Post Crisis Services (PCS) provide case work for 8 clients in independent living units, located close by and managed by Unity Housing as well as to 5 clients in Supportive Housing, located outside of the city and managed by Portway Housing. An Outreach service is also provided to clients living in independent accommodation throughout Adelaide.
Mental Health Programs
Our programs offer accommodation services to women living with mental health issues.
- Recovery Program (RP) provides intensive recovery-based case management support with transitional accommodation for 12 clients who have a mental illness.
- Permanent Supported Accommodation Program (PSAP) provides ongoing accommodation for 12 residents who have a mental illness, available to them for as long as they require.
Catherine House Women’s Centre
The award-winning Centre offers a range of varied activities and programs, offered in a fun and safe social learning environment and are designed to offer encouragement while extending the participants’ confidence and skills.