Donation Wish Lists
Catherine House relies on the support of the community to ensure we can continue to provide clients with their ongoing daily needs.
GUIDELINES FOR DONATING ITEMS FROM WISH LIST
Before collecting any items for Catherine House or contacting the team to arrange delivery, please read carefully the following guidelines for donating items from our Wish List:
- Due to lack of storage, hygiene and safety reasons, we cannot accept any second hand items
- All items, regardless of the type, must be brand new, unused, and in original packaging
- Toiletries must be standard size – no hotel/mini/travel sized. Clients can stay at Catherine House for a number of months, so these smaller sizes are not appropriate
- Underwear and sleepwear must be brand new with tags still intact
- Any donations of food must be in date, unopened, with ingredients listed. We cannot accept donations of non-packaged or any pre-cooked food
- Any electrical items must be brand new and packaged
- There are a number of items that we cannot accept – please see below at WHAT WE CANNOT ACCEPT
what we cannot accept
Due to storage limitations, safety and hygiene reasons, there are a number of items we are unfortunately not able to accept.
Donations of Clothing and Furniture:
Unfortunately due to lack of storage, we are not able to accept donations of clothing and furniture.
We do encourage you to donate your items of clothing and other household goods to your local Vinnies, who have a voucher system for Catherine House clients to “shop” at any of their stores.
Find your local Vinnies Shop here: Vinnies Shop
We recommend for any of donations of furniture to RuFus.
P: 0416 960 424
Donations of Used Electrical Goods
Due to test and tag regulations, we are only able to accept boxed, new electrical items.
Donations of Baby/Children’s Items
Catherine House does not have children residing at our accommodation program. Therefore we do not have a need for baby or children’s clothes, furniture, items or toys.
We suggest donating these items to The Village Co, Coolock House, Louise Place or Backpacks for Kids.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
HIGH NEEDS WISHLIST
- Cotton pads
- Super pads
- Hand cream
- Bin liners
- Washing powder/liquid
- Quilt sets (double and queen)
- Quilts (double and queen)
- Mattress protectors (double and queen)
- Dish liquid
- Cleaning products
- Food storage containers
- Cooking utensils
- Dinner sets
- Dish Brushes
- Cooking Trays
- Hair Dryers
- Shampoo & Conditioner
personal care items
DUE TO OUR LACK OF STORAGE, DONATIONS OF TOILETRIES ARE NOT ABLE TO BE ACCEPTED FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER DUE TO OUR CHRISTMAS COLLECTION.
Please contact our office on 08 8232 2282 ( option 3) to organise your January delivery.
Donations of toiletries are utilised by all women who stay at Catherine House. When a woman arrives at our crisis accommodation service, they often have very few possessions. Each woman will receive a welcome pack of a handbag, toiletries and new sleepwear. Toiletries are also used throughout our three communal accommodation sites and Women’s Centre bathroom facilities.
As women move in to their own properties, we continue to support them through monthly toiletry orders through our Outreach Service. This assists them financially as it is one less expense for them as they are trying to get back on their feet.
If you would like to support our women as they transition in to their new home, here are some suggestions of new items that are always gratefully received and can be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: All personal care items must new, unused and be of standard size (no hotel/travel/minis), due to the fact that clients stay at Catherine House for a long period of time.
moving on packs
When moving in to a new home, there are always items that women need to help get them started once again. If you would like to support our women as they transition in to their new home, here are some suggestions of new items that are always so gratefully received.
Providing fresh and nutritious meals is really important for women staying at Catherine House.
When women stay in our crisis and mental health programs they are provided with meals and snacks.
If you can support our kitchen or general items for the house by purchasing some of the below items we would be very grateful. To organise delivery of your items, please contact us on 08 8232 2282 – option 3.
To ensure Food Safety Standards, please ensure you read and abide by the following documents:
Due to Health and Safety Requirements, we are not able to accept donations of non-packaged food or any pre-cooked food.
Please note we can only accept items in date and unopened.
Christmas Wish List Items
- Coffee Beans
- Christmas Biscuits
- Boxed Chocolate
- Sparkling/Soda Water
- Soft Drinks
- Dried apricots
- Assorted potato chips
- Fruit cake
- Mince pies
- Pavolova bases
- Cappuccino sachets
- Gravy packets- single serves
- Gluten Free Products
- Fresh Milk – full/skim/lactose free
- Dairy – cheese and yoghurt
- Bread/bread rolls
- Fruit and vegetables
- Red Meat – beef and lamb
- Chicken breast or thigh
- Catering Size- gravy mixes, soup mixes, sauce, cheese sauce
- Small goods/cold meats
- Frozen Lasagne/Vegetarian lasagne
- Gluten Free products
- Paper towel
- Cling wrap/aluminium foil
- Toilet paper
- Canned tuna – large and individual size
- Canned salmon- large and individual Size
- Food grade storage containers – all sizes
We truly appreciate any support of the above items that can assist our kitchen.
- PVA Glue
- Drawing paper (A4 and A3)
- Mindfulness Colouring Books
- Art Canvases
- Paint stick sets
- Acrylic Paints in particular – sets of colours and skin tones
- Water Colour paints
- Water Colour pencils
- Spray Varnish
- Paper scissors
- Draft paper (roll brown paper)
- Craft glue
- Mindfulness Colouring books
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Balloons, pencil sharpeners
- Corkboard pins