Catherine House accommodates 52 women every night of the year.
Sadly this number also represents the number of women who are killed (*on average) each year to Domestic Violence*. We do however know that in recent year that number has continued to rise. Last year 79 women were killed in Australia*
As a Catherine House Community Ambassador we ask that you:
• Attend an information session/meeting at Catherine House
• Hold a minimum of one fundraising activity or event benefiting Catherine House in 2019
• Attend one of our major events- Quiz Night, Gala Dinner or join our City Bay Team
• Complete 1 day of non- client facing volunteering- Eg Sorting through donations, working bee’s, Bunnings BBQ, Administration tasks, Volunteering at Events
As a Catherine House Ambassador will receive:
• Catherine House T-Shirt
• Use of Catherine House Community Ambassador Logo
• Invitation to our Catherine House Thank You Function
• All marketing materials and fundraising support by our Catherine House fundraising manager to ensure ambassador success!
But importantly, by becoming a Catherine House Community Ambassador you will be making an incredible difference to the many women who experience homelessness and receive support from Catherine House.
Funds raised from the Community Ambassador Program will support our Catherine House Outreach Program. This program has been designed to provide additional support to women when they leave Catherine House.
Providing this additional support is so important in every woman’s recovery journey and importantly ending her cycle of homelessness.
To Sign up as a Catherine House Ambassador please fill out the form below and we will be in touch!
To set up your Community Ambassador Fundraising Page please CLICK HERE
*statistics and other domestic violence data referenced from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare publication “Family, domestic and sexual violence in Australia, 2018. Cat. no. FDV 2. Canberra: AIHW