- Who we are
- What We Do
- Support Us
2 November 2023
Community Service Worker
About Catherine House
Catherine House is a quality accredited, not for profit organisation that works holistically with women affected by homelessness. Catherine House continually looks for innovative housing and support solutions for women experiencing homelessness. Our goal is not just to house women, but to also offer life changing opportunities that will enable them to move forward and live a life that is purposeful and meaningful to them.
In January 2021, Catherine House proudly joined the Housing Choices Group of Companies, to become part of Housing Choices South Australia (HCSA). Housing Choices is a leading national non-profit community housing organisation that holds the same values as Catherine House.
About the Role
Based in the inner city, we have an opportunity for a Community Services Worker to join our Supported Accommodation Services team on a part-time basis, working a minimum of 10 hours / week.
The Community Services Worker is responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with team members to deliver a high quality service, which is consistent with program goals and provides a safe and positive environment for clients;
- A diverse range of program admin and client support under the direction of the case worker;
- Supporting case workers in client related administration activities;
- Housekeeping and cleaning duties; and
- Meal provision, food preparation and service.
Working across a 24/7 roster, the role of Community Service Work is paid in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award (SCHADS) – Crisis Accommodation Employee (CAE) Level 1, Pay Point 1 – 4 (currently $36.05 – $38.66 / hour). The pay point offered will be subject to the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Relevant shift loadings and penalty rates also apply, noting that for passive sleepover shifts, staff receive a nightly allowance of $55.89 together with the applicable night shift loadings for active hours. Generous salary packaging is also available.
Download a copy of the Position Description here.
We are seeking an experienced Community Service Worker with the following:
- Relevant post-secondary qualification plus previous experience working in a similar role and environment with similar clients.
- Proven experience working with people who have a range of high and complex needs, including mental health and substance misuse issues.
- Interested in working ‘after hours’ shifts and has flexibility to be responsive to additional shifts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous demonstrated experience in case work.
- Enthusiastic, a team player with good self-awareness and insight.
- Experience working in an accommodation / residential setting, or similar.
- Experience in the homelessness sector.
- Experience in the use of Client Record Management Systems.
What we offer in return
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- Salary Packaging for living expenses, meal, and entertainment expenses
- Recognition program
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
How to Apply
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Cristy Pamment, Team Leader – Supported Accommodation Services, on 8232 2282.
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit your resume, together with a cover letter outlining your experience, knowledge, and capabilities.
Please note that it is a minimum requirement that the successful position holder:
- agrees to and undergoes relevant employment screening as required – including but not limited to Working with Children and NDIS Worker checks;
- agrees to and complies with child safety policies and procedures; and
- provides a current driver’s license and willingness to travel across Catherine House locations, as required.
Whilst COVID-19 vaccination mandates are no longer in place in South Australia, vaccination is important for managing COVID-19 related risks in our residential settings and services provision. Prospective staff are encouraged to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, as per ATAGI guidelines.
Housing Choices reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately. This opportunity is only open to candidates with appropriate legal working rights within Australia. Housing Choices recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce. We celebrate and respect our people’s differences and are committed to being inclusive. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and persons with a disability to apply.
Applications close 11:59pm Thursday, 23rd November 2023