Louise Miller Frost was appointed CEO of Catherine House in April 2017. She has had a career spanning strategic, corporate and operational leadership across private, NGO, state government and local government sectors, as well as working extensively with federal government, largely in the complex health and social services sector.
“I was attracted to Catherine House because of its extensive history in making real changes in the lives of women affected by homelessness. My career has always been about making a difference in the community.”
Louise has worked in rural and metropolitan areas, and been privileged to work with many specific populations including Aboriginal communities, new arrival refugees, mental health consumers, women’s health and safety, men’s health, homelessness, rehabilitation, youth and ageing populations.
Louise is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Her board experience includes as Chair of a mid-sized NFP providing a wide range of community services, and various Board roles in health, community services, environmental risk management, economic development and education sectors.
Since its inception in 1988, the Catherine House Incorporated Board has had the great fortune of being able to attract high calibre members who bring a broad range of skills and expertise to their management role. Members meet regularly and participate on a voluntary basis.
Current Board members are:
- Jane Kittel (Chairperson) – General Manager, Customer Experience & Contact Centres, Westpac Group
- Mark Phelps – Partner, Ernst & Young
- Kate McKeough – Partner, HWL Ebsworth Lawyers
- Professor Marie Wilson – Pro-Vice Chancellor, Business and Law of the University of South Australia
- Helen Carreker – Director, Arbutus Hospitality, The Louise and Appellation
- Yvonne Sneddon – Professional Company Director
Catherine House Trust was instituted by the Board as the fundraising arm of Catherine House Incorporated in November 2003. The primary function of the Trust is to raise funds and exercise good stewardship of these funds for the benefit of the work of Catherine House Incorporated.
Members work in a voluntary capacity and each brings a wealth of expertise and generosity of spirit to the work that they do. Trust members give generously of their time through their attendance to regular meetings and also through their participation in two critical sub-committees, the Fundraising and Promotion sub-committee and the Finance and Governance sub-committee.
Our Trust members display a keen determination to raise the funds needed to deliver the type of innovative programs and services that will most benefit the women who access the services of Catherine House Incorporated.
Current Trust members are:
- Annette Comley (Chairperson) – Principal – Comley Legal
- Yvonne Martin-Clark – Executive Manager – Fundraising, Marketing & Commercial, RSPCA South Australia
- Rudy Boeff – Treasurer, Rural Bank Limited
- Belinda Grant – Lawyer
- Helen Carreker – Director, Arbutus Hospitality, The Louise and Appellation (Board Representative)